We offer free specialist employment law advice to the residents of Derbyshire. The level of assistance we can provide depends on where you live. Please note that free advice is limited, and our funding does not cover a full tribunal representation service, however, we can assist in taking claims to Employment Tribunal at competitive rates, including no win no fee.
What we Do
We advise on the following issues:
- Disciplinary action warnings / suspension
- Unfair dismissal
- Employee’s rights under TUPE regulations
- Wage entitlement including minimum wage
- Holiday entitlement
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Redundancy / lay offs
- Disciplinary action – warnings / suspension / dismissal
- Discrimination at work
- Agency and part-time workers’ rights
- Taking an Employment Tribunal claim
What we Don't Do
We don’t advise:
- Trade Union members. If you are a member of a Trade Union you should seek advice directly from them rather than contacting us.
GET IN TOUCH
We have been awarded a year's funding by the Ministry of Justice through the Access to Justice Foundation to provide assistance for people taking claims to the Employment Tribunal without professional advice or representation. More information can be found here.
Is there a charge?
- We are the only legal charity that provides free specialist employment advice in Derbyshire, but our funding for free advice is restricted. If we are not able to help you free of charge we can often assist on a charged basis.
- Free telephone advice on our helpline.
- When we advise you on our helpline, if we consider it beneficial, and depending upon the circumstances of your case, we may offer you a follow-up meeting at which we can spend an hour discussing your case and following up with advice in writing.
- In some exceptional circumstances we can carry out up to 6 hours casework free of charge, up to but excluding the issue of an employment tribunal claim.
Our charges are low compared with conventional solicitors’ practices and we have a high level of expertise in employment law. We offer competitive, affordable rates to individuals. All our charges are based on an hourly rate of £105.00 PLUS VAT.
We can offer the following arrangements:-
- Fixed fees for limited pieces of work – for instance, to draft an Employment Tribunal Claim (ET1), the fixed fee will be £150 plus VAT.
- Damages-based agreements (similar to no-win, no-fee) if we believe that your case is suitable.
- Payment per hour of work undertaken by us (any payment must be made in advance of us carrying out the agreed work).
If you have legal expenses insurance, you may be able to nominate us as your legal representatives and we will be paid directly by the insurance company for any work carried out. Please contact us for further information if you wish to do this.
What to do Next
Contact us on 01246 550674 or on Freephone 0800 707 6990.